Traveler Secure Account Guidance
Each section identifies the components of the Traveler Secure account - just click on that item for more information.
If you have any questions at all please Contact Team Secure.
- Click on the "Create Account" button or Dashboard Login page (1) from the Traveler Secure homepage or, if receiving an invitation to Join an Organization, click the link you receive in your email.
- The first item that you'll see is the End User License Agreement (EULA), also known as "Terms and Conditions." There is also a link at the bottom of every web page, and you can view it here. There is the standard legalese, but we've tried to make it useful and understandable.
- Enter your name, email address and phone number and submit (2-6) on the next screen you see.
- You'll receive an email confirmation at the address you submitted, click the link in the email.
- Create a standard password in the next link you've been provided and submit (7-8).
- You now have an account!
- You can use that login and password to logon to your Dashboard or App.
- All costs are associated with an Organization. That Organization may be the one that was created when your account was created (Your Name Security Dashboard), or it may be an Organization that you were invited to join.
- For each user member you add to your Organization, your account is depleted at the rate of .17 cents per user, per day. That equates to $5 per user, per month. For example, if you have 10 users in your Organization, your costs would be $50 per month.
- For your Organization, you are responsible for the funding though you can change the billing contact to another named Administrator in your organization.
- Once your organization is within 6x days of running out of funds, you will receive a reminder to add more funds. The amount you add is up to you as we never auto-charge your account.
- To fund your account, you may either follow the link from a notification or you may add funds through your Organization Settings page, which is further described in Support.
- Discounts are available to Enterprise organizations, typically discounted at $1 per user, per month (from $5 to $4). Organizations may also coordinate alternate billing methods by contacting us.
- With your Organization/Dashboard, you begin with $5.00 credit, and are not asked to provide credit card information. At the attrition rate of .17 cents per user per day, that $5.00 will provide evaluation time of 1x user for 30 days, 2x users for 15 days or 4x users for 7.5 days.
- If you are invited to another Organization, you need never worry about funding your account. As long as you are a member of another's Organization your account will remain active. After your $5 credit runs out, however, you will only have access to your Profile and Contacts without being able to view your Dashboard.
In most cases, no. From your single account, you can join multiple organizations. For example, you've created your account to manage your family's safety and security, and are subsequently invited to join your employer's Traveler Secure Organization. You need simply click on the invitation link and login as you normally would.
- Now that you've created an account, you have created a Dashboard that goes with that account, along with a number of tools to manage it. You'll learn more in the following Support sections.
- You can easily add others to join your Dashboard Oraganization by going to your organization settings and "inviting" someone by sending a simple email.
- Once they receive the email and create an account, they will appear on your Dashboard, allowing you to view their current and historical locations along with their profile, contacts and groups. You can also send a message, trigger a Panic Alert on their device and more that you'll learn about in other sections.
Yes, every Traveler Secure user who downloads the app must have a unique account. For your children, and as identified in the End User Licensing Agreement, you will want to supervise the installation and set up for anyone under 18 years of age.
Your privacy is very important to us and we protect it using the some of the best technology available guided by some of the country's best cyber security experts. That said, we give you a lot of control over your privacy.
- Without giving too much away, our system uses a parallel server configuration. Your personal and account information is encrypted between you and one of our servers and your location and messaging information is encrypted between you and another of your servers. The connection between those servers is further encrypted, further protected by our server host's (Google) security measures. We're very secure.
- Every user controls how much or how little information they place in their profile, their updates, or their communication. Team Secure strongly recommends that all information is as complete and detailed as possible as this is the information authorities will need to resolve a serious incident, but the control is placed in hands of the user.
- Users may also "turn off" active tracking of their location in their Account Settings within their Profile section in their Dashboard.
- One of the primary privacy items that every user should consider is the designation of Organization Adminsitrators and Group Security Managers. Any of which will have access to the personal profiles, locations, contacts, messages and associated groups. This access is intended and necessary to effectively respond to safety and security incidents, but care should be taken to limit access to trusted professionals.
- Login to your Dashboard so that you can begin to familiarize yourself with it.
- Download the Android or Apple version of Traveler Secure on your smartphone.
- With both items open, use the appropriate Support sections to become familiar with Traveler Secure.
To-date, the only troubleshooting item we've encountered is one where a user attempts to create an account through a smartphone or pad using secure VPN connections. This essentially encrypts our encryption and prevents communication between the device and our servers. If you experience this problem, please check your connection settings. If you experience another problem, please use our Contact for and tell us about it.
Click this item on the website homepage or from within the Traveler Secure App if you've logged out. You'll use the same login information for the Dashboard or the App.
Typically, these are actual first and last names of users creating accounts. Small and midsize organizations may desire to create an admin name instead, such as "Trinity Securities," allowing for generic addresses.
This email address is one item that cannot be deleted once created, so make sure it is the one you want to use. This is the email address that you will receive your registration email at.
This is typically the actual mobile phone that is associated with the user's app, though it may be edited later and you may login to your Traveler Secure app from different devices. Organizations who are primarily managing multiple users and who do not anticipate associating the account with a smartphone or Traveler Secure app may list an office number.
Once clicking this button, an email will be sent to the email address you provided.
If you're already got an account and arrived at the "create account link" by mistake, click this link to Sign-In to your account.
This is where you will arrive after clicking the link sent to your email, or if you select to change your password in your Profile page. You can change your Password at any time.
After setting your password, click this button to register it.