The Traveler Secure Smartphone App
Click on the questions below or the numbers corresponding with the image at right for additional detail.
If you have any questions at all please Contact Team Secure.
This features performs two important functions; informing others of your current situation and communication.
Checking In. Informing someone of your status, to include current location, activity, who you are with, and other information helps others know your status and holds others accountable. Though it seems like a simple idea, think of any crime report on your local news and consider how the outcome might have improved using this simple tool. As a rule, the less certain your situation, the more frequently you should check-in!
- Click the "Check-In" button (3) to go to the Check-In page within the App.
- Your current location is visible on the map features, as are recent locations.
- Place additional information in the text box and click "submit" send an update to your Organization Administrator.
- Don't be afraid to let the taxi driver, new acquaintance, or other person know that you have sent their details to another. Persons with bad intent will frequently go on to an easier target if they know that they are accountable.
Communication. By using the text box, you are sending a message to your Organization Administrator. Equally, your Organization Administrator can send a message to you, whether it be information, direction, or even a simple "Check-In now" instruction.
The Trip Manager is similar to the Check-In in that it provides location, situation, and communication, but it is more active. It also allows you to send your trip information to someone outside your Organization. Very useful for longer trips, but equally effective for shorter trips, or even while walking. Like the Status Check-In, the more unfamiliar or dangerous the environment, the more frequently you should use this feature. To take a Trip:
- Click the Trip Manager button (5) on either the App home page or the App footer menu.
- Enter your information in the Trip Manager Page:
- Who's Traveling Today? Include anyone traveling with you or who is transporting you; add as much detail as you believe relevant.
- Location Leaving From. Enter your starting point.
- Trip Duration. How long should your trip take?
- Location Traveling To. What is your destination?
- Our Planned Route is. What highway, bus route, train or subway, path or other are you taking?
- Mode of Travel. Enter your personal or other vehicle, bus, taxi or other. If riding with someone you are unfamiliar with, include as much detail as possible. When using a taxi, consider including the taxi driver's name or taxi number.
- Email Address to Receive Updates. Your information will be sent by email to anyone you designate. They will receive reports of initial Trip information, location (using a Google maps link), and updated ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival) information.
- Click the "Start Trip" button.
- After starting your trip, you will have the option to provide updates while en-route, to include the option to add time to your ETA (in minutes).
- Upon completion of your trip, click the "End Trip" button.
Activating a Panic is easy, but please/please don't do so before you know how to turn it off! To activate your Panic Alert, slide the Traveler Secure icon (2) from the left to the right, and hold it for ONE second. After you do so, a lot of things happen:
- Your smartphone device will black out. This prevents an assailant from knowing that your Panic has been activated.
- Your device will place a phone call to your "Direct Contact" while in blackout with the audio turned off so that assailants cannot hear someone on the other end of the phone. Apple users, unfortunately, will see a "Place Call" option which is an Apple policy.
- Your device will begin recording audio files and alternating front/back photo files and send that information.
- Your location data will be captured with increased frequency until your Panic is Disabled.
- Technical data, such as bluetooth, cell tower and other information will also be captured and sent.
- Your Organization Administrators and/or other designated Emergency Contacts will be notified that your Panic has been enabled.
- Your Organization Administrator or Group Security Manager can easily share your "Panic Data" with authorities, capturing the data on the User Profile Page and the Law Enforcement Organization (LEO) page. Other emergency contacts will receive the same data with instructions on how to share it in an email.
- NOTE: Your Panic can only be disabled on your User Profile Page on any Dashboard that you are a member of. See more in this Support section.
Yes, you can turn tracking off through your account settings. Click on your Dashboard, then go to Profile and expand account to turn tracking off. If you are a member of an organization, the Administrators will be notified that you have turned your tracking off, and your Dashboard icon will change to a yellow border.
You may logout of the App by clicking the logout button (6) on the App home page.
Yes, you may login to the Traveler Secure App from any number of devices. In most cases, you will appear on the Organization Dashboard with the most recent device that you used. If there are any questions about which device you are signed in to, you can select the right device from your Account settings in your Profile.
To-date, users have not reported too many problems, but there have been a couple.
- If your Traveler Secure App fails to load after logging in, you will see a spinning circle. This indicates that the App is not connecting to our server. The causes of this can be using a secure VPN, which essentially encrypts our encryption. The other reason for connectivity problems is your device privacy, location settings or cookies being turned off. Please review these settings.
- Some individual users have enagled their "Panic Alert" before understanding how to turn it off, and then deleted and reinstalled their Traveler Secure App. Don't do that. Each time you install Traveler Secure, your device creates a new Unique User Identification (UUID), regardless of your account login. In other words, the only way to turn off your old Panic is contact Team Secure for assistance.
- If there is any other problem, contact us through out contact page.
This is the name of the person who is logged in to Traveler Secure.
This icon serves as a Panic Activation Button by sliding from the left to the right and holding for 1x second.
You can go to the Check-In page within the App by clicking this icon on the home page or on the footer menu.
Click this button on the App home page or footer menu and it will take you to a "mobile friendly" page of your Dashboard, allowing you to access your Profile, Contacts, Dashboard map and more. This is not "inside" the App.
Click this button on the App home page or footer menu to go to the App Trip Manager.
Click this button to logout of the Traveler Secure App.
Click this button on the footer menu from the Check-In or Trip Manager pages to return to the App Home page. You will not see this from the Dashboard or Support sections as these are not "inside" the app.
Click this link from the App footer menu to go to a "mobile-friendly" support page at TravelerSecure.com. This page is not on "inside" the App.